Monday, April 1, 2013

Arts council members show their photography



Several local residents have their photographs on display at Spector Furniture and Home Decor in Ansonia. 

The exhibit kicked off at the Main Street store's recent home decor show, and will continue for several months.

Some of the photographers include: Jaimee Mansfield, April Pruzinsky, Lisa Checkley, and Ron Smith. 

The show was spearheaded and designed by Valley Arts Council Vice President Steve DiRienzo of Derby.

DiRienzo said artist Gerry Joyce was on hand painting during the show's opening event.



Here are some of the photos and photography books on display on a table as well as on the walls.




As you can tell I had a bit of trouble with lighting; lots of bright store lights created shadows. 





And I also captured reflections that I didn't want to capture.
 
 And one that I did try to capture (i.e. dresser mirror).

 

One of my favorites by Derby resident April Pruzinsky. 


This piece by professional photographer Jaimee Mansfield of her young son is so sweet. 
 ~


The Valley Arts Council would like to thank Spector Furniture for its ongoing support.



*Note: If your work is now on display at the store and your name wasn't mentioned, please let me know in the comments and I will add you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm such a photography nut, I love when it's displayed anywhere and everywhere
    the photo of the little boy is wonderful
    I also really like the lily, it stands out

    ReplyDelete